Development and Empowerment of Society, an active community group of African refugees living the United Nations Kakuma Refugee Camp in Kenya, is actively searching for an experienced fundraiser willing to take responsibility for creating a program to build and sustain donor support for its registered non-profit.
Development and Empowerment of Society is a non-profit community group officially registered in Kenya. We work toward building a better model that promotes creativity and provides residents of the Kakuma refugee camp with the means to improve their situation, deal with complex challenges, and break the cycle of poverty. We do this through empowering the refugee community so that it may confidently develop and make positive use of its potential. We encourage greater self-reliance within the community through teaching language and life skills, working toward establishing a strong educational system, promoting the wellbeing and safety of children, organizing sports activities for children under the age of 18, advocating for a better quality of life for the community as a whole, and pioneering community health and environmental programs.
If you are interested in working from home to manage fundraising activities, have experience approaching potential donors, companies and Foundations and can assist with the grant request process, we would love to hear from you.
- Provide input and ideas for innovative fundraising.
- Promote DES to potential donors through various channels, including phone calls, emails, and social media.
- Research and identify potential donors, sponsors, and partners.
- Help with designing and writing appeal letters, sponsorship packages, and promotional content.
- Use online platforms and crowdfunding tools to create and manage campaigns, track progress and engage donors.
- Help create a mailing list, maintain accurate donor records and track contributions.
- Participate in online meetings and contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Experience with successful fundraising efforts (please provide a portfolio)
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals in English.
- Effective time management and detailed record keeping
- Able to take initiative, work independently and remotely as part of a team
- Anti-oppression and anti-racist lens
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of Swahili an asset.
- Able to initiate teleconferences and to communicate on WhatsApp
This role will require 5–10 hours per month and will be done remotely/from home.
Contact Director Kadjosi Matabishi by email at email@example.com.